Club History

Originally begun in 1945 by members of the Home Guard, a civilian club was formed in 1954. At that time, members met at the drill hall in Sarum Hill, Basingstoke.

In 1957 the club moved to its present site at Greywell, but only used it for the summer outdoor season, as no buildings existed at that time. For the winter season an indoor range at Overton was shared with the Whitchurch Rifle Club.

In 1991 the members built a new club house and indoor range at Greywell, improving the outdoor facilities at the same time. This self-funded and resourced project resulted in the creation of a combined indoor and outdoor range acknowledged as one of the best in the region.

Basingstoke town is twinned with Euskirchen in Germany. Several postal and live matches have taken place between our club and our counterparts in Euskirchen.